Signs of Drug Use
Drug abuse affects more and more teens every day. Check out these top ten signs of drug use to learn some tell-tale signs that may help you determine if someone you know or love may be using drugs.
1. Mental State – heightened paranoia, acting defensive, angry, and argumentative.
2. Physical Signs – blood shot eyes, small pupils, slurring words, poor hygiene, weight loss, getting sick often, unnatural sleeping habits.
3. Withdraw from Loved Ones – excuses to missing family events, family dinners, and minimal verbal communication (lack of eye contact).
4. Failing Responsibilities – declining grades in school / dropping classes, loss of job, not motivated bad attitude towards having to show up for life.
5. Isolation – spending lots of time in bedroom, bathroom taking multiple long showers during the day.
6. Healthy Activities Collapse – loss of interest in activities such as sports, music, volunteer, theater, etc.
7. Finances – asking for money all the time, not willing to show bank statements as to where money is going.
8. Social Shift – sudden change in friends, not bringing them around.
9. Stealing – stuff missing around the house, money, jewelry, gaming systems, etc.
10. Paraphernalia – visine, Febreeze, cologne, gum, mints, Listerine, lighters, straws, rolled up dollars, hollow pens, tin foil.