01 Jun Signs of Drug Use
Signs of Drug Use
Drug abuse affects more and more teens every day. Check out these top ten signs of drug use to learn some tell-tale signs that may help you determine if someone you know or love may be using drugs.
1. Mental State – heightened paranoia, acting defensive, angry, and argumentative.
2. Physical Signs – blood shot eyes, small pupils, slurring words, poor hygiene, weight loss, getting sick often, unnatural sleeping habits.
3. Withdraw from Loved Ones – excuses to missing family events, family dinners, and minimal verbal communication (lack of eye contact).
4. Failing Responsibilities – declining grades in school / dropping classes, loss of job, not motivated bad attitude towards having to show up for life.
5. Isolation – spending lots of time in bedroom, bathroom taking multiple long showers during the day.
6. Healthy Activities Collapse – loss of interest in activities such as sports, music, volunteer, theater, etc.
7. Finances – asking for money all the time, not willing to show bank statements as to where money is going.
8. Social Shift – sudden change in friends, not bringing them around.
9. Stealing – stuff missing around the house, money, jewelry, gaming systems, etc.
10. Paraphernalia – visine, Febreeze, cologne, gum, mints, Listerine, lighters, straws, rolled up dollars, hollow pens, tin foil.