- Being of service is our priority and our recovery.
- Below you will find just a few of the ways that New Life House is of service to our community. Whether it be feeding the homeless, taking panels to other recovery centers or helping out the Harbor City Boys & Girls Club, New Life House stays active in service in a myriad of ways.
- “Then there is another way of giving – when the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. You don’t have the self-image of yourself giving. You allow yourself to be a vehicle through which [good] energy flows out into the world. To be of service, then, is a beautiful spiritual practice because the ego is out of the way. When you begin to live in that way, you are always in service to others. Even in ordinary situations that would not normally be recognized as service. The greatest service is to realize the essence, or the reality, of the other person.”
- – Eckhart Tolle
- So why is service so important?
- Being of service is a critical component of your journey to recovery and finding peace within yourself. And it isn’t just a concept unique to AA. Though we may have turned the phrase ‘being of service’ into a recovery colloquialism, service work is a concept prevalent in every major religion. Whether you are Buddhist, Christian, Hindi or Islamic, helping others is almost always an integral part in finding spiritual happiness.
- Think we’re the right fit for your family?
- Or simply submit this form.